Friday, August 11, 2006

Loo Incident

When my sister started dating, she sometimes took me along as a chaperone. One evening a prospective boyfriend took us to a restaurant. We ate in the outdoor area. Afterwards I needed to go to the loo. It was a bit far from where we ate, which was good, considering what happened next. I had a bit of a problem with the toilet door. I tugged and tugged at the door but it wouldn’t budge. I tugged hard and the whole door came off with a crash. Nobody else was in the toilet area at that time so nobody saw what happened. I went out, my brain still trying to digest I had just yanked a door off its hinges. There was a light switch right outside the toilet and I automatically pressed it, as I usually did at home. The toilet light went out, so did some lights for the eating area nearby. Gasp! I quickly pressed the switch again and walked calmly towards our table as if nothing had happened.

No comments: