Saturday, December 23, 2006

Busted!

Enida had a motorcycle. She usually picked me up on her way to uni and dropped me off on the way home. In return we shared the gasoline cost.

One day we decided to check out a poster store after class. Enida got confused by my instructions and took a wrong turn. A traffic policeman on a motorbike was waiting for us around the bend. We were stopped. This kind of policemen usually expected money from people who got caught. I was not familiar with the procedure and I didn’t have much money with me anyway so I just stayed quiet. Enida didn’t offer him any money either. We were asked to follow him to a police station nearby.
Enida sulked throughout the ordeal. She didn’t argue with the policeman but she refused to surrender her driver’s license. She didn’t answer any of the policeman’s questions. She just clamped her mouth tightly together with an expression that said ‘I’m not talking to a scum like you!’ and ‘I’m going to tell my dad, you Bully!’ After almost an hour, the policeman gave up. He let us go with a warning.

No comments: