Sunday, November 04, 2007

Of course, not everybody was that nice. On the last day of the training program I had an unpleasant experience.
It had been a looong and stressful day. Interviews, orientation, class assignment and other shit. When they were done with us, I felt like my brain had been fried. I asked if I could go home, but was told to wait for the DOS to dismiss us. I asked the secretary if I could see the DOS, but she said the DOS was with a guest. So I waited, and waited, and waited. It only took less than a minute to ask for permission to go, right? What if I just knock on the door, pop in, ask, and get the hell out of there? Sounded logical to me. So I knocked, popped in, and ... the DOS (who knew who I was) looked at me briefly and continued talking to her company (the vise DOS). I was completely ignored, like a gecko on the wall. That was when I realized I had made a boo boo. I didn't know if I should stay or go. I was stuck at the door. That was one of the longest 30 seconds of my life. The vise DOS took pity on me and asked me what I came in for. I told her. She said yes, I could go home. I left, feeling totally humiliated. I wished I hadn't bothered asking. Idiot!!
That was my first taste of power display.

No comments: