Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stress Test

My client has a set of stress-test questions. It had been translated from English to Indonesian. My client has been asking me to try it, free of charge. But I don’t like to be told what to do and I don’t like people telling me about me, so I didn’t. I said no, no, no, like Amy Winehouse (a beautiful album, BTW). One day I had too much time on my hands and I answered the questions, out of curiosity.

The result, my graph, was shocking. There was a band in the middle of the paper to indicate normal. Mine was all below normal, accept aggressiveness (???). One of the score points sat smack bang at the bottom. Then I listened to the counselor, who was very nice and had a kind face and voice. It took about half an hour, more or less. He talked to me the way the nurses talked to me when they know I’ve had all those surgeries. All the things that he said was actually an interpretation of what I thought about myself. Somehow it was turned around and it became an interpretation of how life had been treating me. Ck...ck...ck... Am I really that depressed? So I came normal and left feeling very sorry for myself. Poor little depressed me hehehe...

No comments: