Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year's Eve



It was New Year’s Eve. On exactly the same night last year, I was at home with a bandage across my chest from a surgery, feeling very miserable because it was difficult to sleep and I couldn’t go anywhere. I couldn’t even go to the living room because my niece’s boyfriend was staying over and sleeping there.

This year I was alone at home. Most of my folk have flown back home for a holiday and my niece was out with her friends. I didn’t want to stay home, so I planned to go to North Sydney to see the fireworks. When I got to the station there were a group of noisy teens lining up for train tickets. It was like the whole school had gathered there. After waiting for half an hour, I couldn’t stand it anymore and walked back home. Then I called my friend to say Happy New Year. She was going to the city to see the fireworks with another friend and she asked me if I wanted to come along. I was so glad I didn’t end up spending New Year’s Eve alone at home.

No comments: