Thursday, December 31, 2009

Doggy Sitting



Look at the adorable little faces. A friend had to go back to Indo to visit her ill grandma, and these little ones had nowhere to go. So we turned the kitchen-dining room into a nursery. To be honest, I don’t like having animals in the house. Dogs, cats, hamsters, snakes, fish, you name it. Personal beliefs aside, I suppose I’m a bit like an auntie to Sasha and Linus, and I could not turn family members away.

Of course, they are a lot like three year old humans. Whether barking or talking, I don’t understand either one. Tired them out with long walks and they would give you a couple of hours of peace and quiet. And for dogs, that means less pee and wee in the house. Give them enough food and drinks, and a few treats here and there, and keep them (reasonably) clean. Actually, reasonably should be in capital letters. Why? Linus is not toilet trained. I let him into the living room once in a while, and now we have three pee marks on the living room carpet, despite the wee mat that I placed nicely in the corner. The sandal in the background marks the last puddle, so no one would step on it. Yesterday Sasha had a poo stuck on her backside so she sat on the floor and dragged her bottom around a bit to unstuck it. It looked really hilarious, until I realise I had to clean the floor again, and her bottom too. And if you look at their little feet in the photo, you could see that they are not exactly pristine. That’s because we just had a long walk in the field nearby. Yes, we are only REASONABLY clean at the moment, including myself. And by the time Mumum gets home from Indo, the puppies would probably be brown instead of white.

In the photo Sasha is sitting on a small cushion. There is supposed to be a small sofa under it. But Linus had found a small tear and last night he was busy at work all night.This morning I found pieces of foam all over the floor. The poor sofa had been gutted. I had to move it to a safer place.

I have evacuated myself to a quieter place so I could work in peace for a few hours. Walking the dogs twice a day and not being able to sleep in peace for more than a week now has made me lose 7 kilos. Amazing. I don’t know how moms can do it. Or why people have pets. And as I’m writing this, I wonder, gosh, what are they going to do next?

2 comments:

Daffodil said...

hope they won't do any help to shed more kilos.... :-)

homnaway2 said...

They've gone home now. Kangen juga kadang2 (: