Monday, December 14, 2009

Too Close to Nature II

Our small back yard could use some weeding, but I didn’t have the proper glove, so I used the kitchen’s plastic glove. After a long sweaty weeding session, the glove was soaked through on the inside. I washed it with water and hung it outside to dry. Later in the evening I took it in. The next day, I got it out to finish the unfinished business with the weeds. There was a hole at the tip of the index finger of the glove. I didn’t remember seeing it when I washed the glove, but maybe I just didn’t pay attention. I slipped my finger in, thinking how could I did not see such a big hole, and through the it, out crawled a huge locust. Of course I freaked out and did an impromptu mysterious tribal dance in the backyard.
I’ve bought a pair of gardening gloves, and I always pat them a bit before slipping my hands in. The $%^@ locust had mentally scarred me for live.

No comments: