Saturday, July 08, 2006

Junior High

After finishing primary school, I moved to a new school. Another snobby Catholic school. My schoolmates were savages. Some teachers were not much better. Unlike my friends in the old school, my new classmates have rich, influential parents. I could get in there because my school reports were good. We got a discount for the enrollment fee because my mom showed a letter from the neighborhood secretary, stating that my father was ill and we were poor. Just like the movie Mean Girls, there were groups at school and kids of the same kinds ganged together. There were cool chicks, rich brats, sport stars, brainy bunch, math whiz, some drug users, and one or two borderline delinquents. I belonged with class rejects. Weird kids who did not fit into any categories. We did not hang out in the cafeteria during breaks. We just stood under the acacia tree and chatted with other rejects. Sometimes we mucked around by tangling acacia fruits in each other’s hair.

No comments: