Sunday, July 23, 2006

Neighbours 1

My salad days was not all bad. I made some good friends. My sister had a school friend who lived near us, in a small street called the Snail Alley. The friend’s mother was a hairdresser, so I often come and visit to get my hair cut. I called her Aunty. The friend also had a little brother about my age. His name is San. Sometimes our two families went on picnics together. I remember fun trips to the zoo, the beach and the mountains. Aunty sometimes took us to see Mandarin movies. The cinema was not very far so we usually just walk there and back. San and I often played together. San and I got along pretty well, considering that we were both in our early teens. Sometimes I visited San, and sometimes he visited me. One day he came while I was in my room. I had almost finished getting dressed, but not quite yet. He walked in, I screamed, he ran home. He didn’t show up again until we were both in high school.

No comments: